VersaTube Steel Building Prices, Reviews, Complaints & Company Overview
The DIY steel building kits from VersaTube require no cutting, welding, or heavy equipment to assemble. All you need is common household tools and average strength to construct your metal building and save money on your project.
About VersaTube Steel Buildings
VersaTube's founders developed a revolutionary process that makes their buildings truly DIY: swaging and slip-fit connections. With swaging, they used specially designed machines to create rectangular and square steel tubing. The slip-fit connections allow those tubes to do just that: slip together in a tight, structurally sound fit. In other words, the VersaTube components simply slide together.
Today, the manufacturer is a leading producer of DIY steel building kits. With nothing more than the help of a buddy or spouse, these structures go up easily. And, with galvanized steel components, they stand up against harsh weather and are strong enough for commercial applications as well.
Free Steel Building Quotes From Top Dealers!
VersaTube Steel Building Products
The VersaTube line includes an array of steel building types and sizes that are perfect for a variety of applications.
In addition to the frame, the DIY garage kit includes sheet metal roof panels, roof purlins, and horizontal siding panels. You get added roof coverage plus additional storage or shelter space courtesy of the slope lean-to on one side. This kit does not include side girts.
The Summit Series DIY garage kit is the next step up and includes both roof purlins and side girts for use with the roofing and siding materials. The side girt components create a more substantial frame and open up the possibility of plywood or other siding options.
The Classic Series DIY carport kit includes sheet metal panels with rounded eaves for extra protection. The slip-fit frame system lets you assemble and erect your carport in a single afternoon using nothing but common tools.
The Grand Series DIY carport kit's sheet panels include gable, ridge cap, and eave trim, giving you an A-frame style roof. This style holds up better against the weather, particularly rain and snow. If you live in an area with high snow loads, consider a gabled or A-frame roof.
VersaTube's Highlander Series DIY horse barn kit keeps your horses safe, comfortable, and secure. The unit features a classic center aisle with wings design that offers a spacious interior and a variety of finishing options. The kit includes side girts, roof purlins, vertical panels, and, of course, your steel frame with slip-fit connections.
Utility shed kits
When you want to create your own workshop or storage for tools, lawn equipment, recreational vehicles, or sports equipment, the Classic Utility Building kit makes a great choice. It comes with the slip-fit frame system plus horizontal side and roof panels.
The Summit Utility Building kit offers the same great benefits but comes with vertical roof and side panels.
How Much Do VersaTube Steel Buildings Cost?
Steel building prices vary according to size, style, function, local building codes, and more. You pay extra for features such as insulation, doors, and windows, as well as shipping, concrete foundations, and labor if you hire someone to erect the building for you. The following prices are for the basic DIY kit.
- Versatube Garage Frontier Series, 12’ x 20’ x 8’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, price range : $3,000 to $3,500
- Versatube Garage Summit Series, 12’ x 20’ x 8’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, roof purlins and side girts included, price range : $3,500 to $4,000
- Versatube Garage Frontier Series, 30’ x 40’ x 12’, 3:12 roof pitch, frame only, 100 percent certified USA steel, price range: $5,500 to $6,000
- Versatube Classic Carport Series, 24’ x 20’ x 10’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, roof only, 100 percent certified USA steel, roof coverage is 19'10" with a front and back overhang of 11", price range: $2,500 to $3,000
- Versatube Grand Carport Series, 12’ x 20’ x 7’, 3:12 roof pitch, 3-sided, vertical roof, horizontal sides & back, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, price range: $3,000 to $3,500
- Versatube Grand Carport Series, 12’ x 30’ x 10’, 3:12 roof pitch, 3-sided, vertical roof, horizontal sides & back, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, price range: $4,000 to $4,500
- Versatube Classic Utility Series, 12’ x 9’ x 7’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, price range: $1,500 to $2,000
- Versatube Summit Utility Series, 12’ x 9’ x 7’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, roof purlins and side girts included, price range: $1,900 to $2,400
- Versatube Frontier Utility Series, 12’ x 9’ x 6’, 3:12 roof pitch, 29-gauge sheet metal, 100 percent certified USA steel, roof purlins included, price range: $1,800 to $2,300
VersaTube Steel Building Reviews
VersaTube customers offer glowing reviews of the company, its employees, and their products.
- Product quality: Praise is given for both the strength of the buildings and their attractive appearance.
- Ease of assembly: Most reviewers state that the kits are simple to assemble and truly do not require any specialty tools. However, they also state that some agility helps, a bit of strength, and patience for the literally thousands of screws included in the kit. Recommendations include one or two good ladders (at least 8' or 10') and a cordless drill with a spare battery.
- Customer support: Reviewers praise the sales and support staff, stating that they were always happy to answer questions and seemed very knowledgeable about their products. Sales tactics were laid back and support did not end once the sale closed.
- Would recommend to a friend: Overwhelmingly yes.
Author: Angela Escobar