Hy-Brid Aerial Lift Prices, Reviews, Complaints & Company Overview
Custom Equipment manufactures Hy-Brid Lifts, a line of scissor lifts with working heights between 11.25' and 20'. Available in both push and self-propelled models, Hy-Brid lifts feature a zero-turn radius for exceptional maneuverability in tight spaces. They also offer non-marking tires that allow you to work on delicate flooring. With full swing gates and low entry heights that reduce risk of strain and injury, these lifts are designed with worker safety in mind.
About Hy-Brid Lifts
How did a "mom and pop" business grow into a globally-recognized equipment manufacturer?
Custom Equipment began as a welding and fabrication business in 1981. The company quickly earned a reputation for high quality work and excellent customer service.
Over the years, they continued to expand and grow their product line, designing and manufacturing a broader variety of scissor lifts. The Hy-Brid line of lifts first hit the market in 2004.
The manufacturer outgrew its facilities twice, but always remained in Wisconsin. Last year, the original mom and pop owners - Steve and Lynn Kissinger - decided it was time to step back. They sold a portion of the company to a Detroit-based investment firm called the Stratford-Cambridge Group. But, 35 years in the same business aren't that easy to shake off; Steve and Lynn still pop up from time to time and their family maintains an active role in Custom Equipment today.
Free Aerial Lift Quotes From Top Dealers!
The Hy-Brid Aerial Lift Products
The Hy-Brid line includes six scissor lift models:
- HB-P527: This push-around lift offers a small footprint with excellent safety features. It has an 11.25' height capacity, 500 pound weight capacity, and non-marking tires for use on delicate flooring. It features a standard 12V AGM battery and full-swing entrance door.
- HB-P827: Another push-around lift with exemplary safety features, this unit has a working height of up to 14' and weight capacity of 550 pounds. The full-swing entrance door and 12V AGM battery come standard, as do the non-marking tires.
- HB-P1027: A push lift with a working height up to 16', this unit has a small footprint and non-marking tires that make it safe for use in any area. Safety features include a full-swing entrance door, with a lift capacity of 550 pounds.
- HB-1030: This self-propelled model has a lift capacity of 750 pounds and a working height of 16'. The slide-out deck extension includes a slip-resistant surface for greater safety. Standard features include full-swing entrance door, proportional controls, hour meter, and tilt alarm.
- HB-1230: With a working height up to 18' and a zero-turn radius, this is an agile self-propelled scissor lift. It has a 550 pound weight capacity, slide-out deck extension, full-swing entrance door, tilt alarm, battery level indicator, proportional controls, AGM batteries, and hour meter/low voltage indicator.
- HB-1430: This model has Hy-Brid's greatest working height capacity at 20', with a lift capacity of 670 pounds. The self-propelled unit's non-marking tires and low weight make it safe for any type of flooring. Standard features include full-swing entrance door, slide-out deck extension, tilt alarm, proportional controls, and hour meter.
How Much Does a Hy-Brid Aerial Lift Cost?
Scissor lift pricing varies according to vendor, height and weight capacity, and additional features or options.
- Hy-Brid HB-1030, 16’ max working height, 750 pounds max weight capacity, slide-out deck extension with slip-resistant surface, multi-axis tilt sensor, 24V electric drive, counter rotating wheels, price range: $5,400 to $7,000
- Hy-Brid HB-1430, 20’ max working height, 670 pounds max weight capacity, slide-out deck extension with slip-resistant surface, multi-axis tilt sensor, 24V electric drive, counter rotating wheels, price range: $9,000 to $10,000
You may also be interested in purchasing a used scissor lift, which typically come in at around half the cost of a new unit. The price varies according to the manufacturer (some hold their values better than others) and the age of unit. If you choose used, make sure you get a test run of the machine before purchasing.
Hy-Brid Aerial Lift Reviews
When it comes to working at low-level heights, Hy-Brid's scissor lifts are one of the most popular options available. Users like them because they offer greater safety than working on a ladder. And, it doesn't take long for them to become more cost-effective than building scaffolding.
The company earns high marks for its customer support, including an extensive online library of resources that includes parts, operation, and safety manuals. They also offer live safety and training.
Hy-Brid aerial lifts receive praise for their durability, with reviewers noting that the machines are built for the rental business. That means they're strong and built to last. Rental companies love them because these machines have intuitive controls and are easy to use, so they don't have to spend a lot of time walking renters through the process. They're also easy to service, another strong point in Hy-Brid's favor.
Finally, reviewers across the board appreciate the strong warranty, which includes a 5-year structural warranty and 12 months for parts and labor.
Author: Angela Escobar